Saturday, September 12, 2015

My Fall Essentials


Fall is just coming around the corner, but I can already feel its coldness everywhere around me. The leaves haven't fallen yet where I am, so it doesn't really look like fall, but I can tell you, it certainly feels like fall. Don't get me wrong, though. I love fall: the colorful leaves, the warm blankets, hot tea, sweaters...
They all wouldn't be part of fall, if it wasn't cold.

These are my fall essentials and the things I use to fight the cold.


This first one you might recognize from one of my very first posts: the Japanese Cherry Blossom body mist from Bath and Body Works. It was my October favorite and now it has become my fall essential. Every time I smell it, I think of fall.


These to me, are fall nail colors. Dark pinks/purples and reds. I always feel very satisfied when my nails match with what I'm wearing. :) In fall my clothes change (from tank tops in bright summer colors to thick sweaters in fall leaf colors), so my nail colors follow along.


Fall is the transition between summer and winter. I love wearing sweaters, but I also want to keep wearing t-shirts. But brrr, it's so cold outside. To still be able to wear t-shirts in fall, I like to wear a knit cardigan over my t-shirts so I stay nice and warm, while still wearing my summer favorites. Also, let's just take a moment to admire this lovely maroon/burgundy/bordeaux red color (I don't know what it is exactly, maybe a mix of all three), that's perfect for fall.



I have chapped lips all the time, but in fall and winter, when it's freezing cold, it gets even worse. So, to prevent my lips looking as dry as the dessert, this cute little Vaseline is a life saver. It's nice and small, so you can just pop it in your bag and it lasts a long time. Also, my lips turn purple really quickly when I'm cold, so I love the slight lip tint that this rose flavored Vaseline gives you.


Tea. I love tea. I don't know why, but for some reason I get cold very quickly. My lips (like mentioned above), my feet, my fingers, my everything, really. Drinking tea warms up my whole body and doesn't it just feel so perfectly fall-y (not a word, probably) to sit on the couch under a blanket with your thick sweater while cupping your hands around a huge mug of hot tea? Adding a good book makes it even better. ;) Hmmm. Maybe I'll go make myself some tea now.


We're all going to survive the cold together. I know we can. Or, if you live somewhere where it doesn't get super cold in fall and winter, you can just pretend. Because secretly, I know you love the cold. Or at least drinking tea in sweaters, 'cause who doesn't? ;)

xoxo Mia

PS. I don't know if you've noticed, well, I didn't until I saw all the pictures together, but there's this fall red kind of theme going on in all of them. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment