Saturday, December 6, 2014

Christmas Room DIYcor


Hi!
It's almost Christmas! I love decorating my room for Christmas, especially with DIY's. I chose to do a Christmas Room DIYcor as my first post of my Christmas series ElephantasticXOXmas, because it gets you (and your room) ready for Christmas!


DIY Countdown Calendar 


A great DIY if you can't wait for Christmas!

What you will need for this DIY:
- 25 little square pieces of origami paper
- a piece of paper (normal sized)
- glue
- a pen

To make this DIY, you will need 25 origami pockets. This is how you make them:

1. Fold your square piece of paper in half diagonally.
2. Take the right corner and fold it as shown in the picture.
3. Flip your piece of paper over and do the same thing on the other side. It should look like shown in the picture now.
4. Fold the top little triangle down so that you can see the inside color and do the same thing on the other side.

Now repeat these steps 25 times. Once you've folded all the pockets, you can glue them on your piece of paper and write the dates on the white part of the pockets. All you have to do at this point is fill the pockets with whatever you want: you can put in chocolate, little notes, it's up to you! Now you can count down to Christmas by taking the content from a pocket every day!

Christmas Lights


I love Christmas lights! They really give your room a cozy and Christmasy feeling. You can hang them above your bed, hanging from the ceiling, however you want! (I got mine from IKEA.)



DIY Glitter Christmas Word Art


To add some Christmas glitter to your room!

What you will need for this DIY:
- a computer/laptop
- a printer
- glue
- glitter
- a picture frame (optional)

For this DIY I used the words 'Let It Snow', but you can also use another Christmas song quote. Then, using a photo editing site called Picmonkey, I chose a nice font for my words and printed it out. If you want, you can also use a word processing program or hand draw your words. Now it's time for glitter! Spread glue on the letters and sprinkle your glitter on top. Hold your piece of paper vertically to remove the excess glitter. Lastly, you can put your word art in a frame.

Music


I always think music is also a very nice 'decoration'! I made a Christmas playlist on Spotify, so that I can listen to the playlist on my laptop and phone in my room. Some of my favorite songs from my Christmas playlist are 'All I Want or Christmas Is You' by Mariah Carey and 'Santa Tell Me' by Ariana Grande.



New Year's Resolution Pot 


What you will need for this DIY:
- a pot, preferably glass
- colorful pieces of paper

This is actually a DIY for New Year's, but you can start making it around Christmas time. What you do is think of New Year's resolutions and write them on colorful pieces of paper. You can also write down challenges, such as 'Don't say the word 'okay' today' or tell yourself to do something, like 'Wear green socks'. Then fold them and put them in your pot. Starting from January 1st, pick a piece of paper from your pot everyday or every week and do what it says!

Have fun decorating your room for Christmas!

xox Mia



No comments:

Post a Comment